There are many ways to contribute to Migration Resource Center. As we move toward the end of the year and you start thinking about donations and tax deductions, keep these ideas in mind.
Donations That Won’t Cost You Anything
- Shopping for gifts this holiday season on-line with Amazon? When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon donates! Use this special link to do your regular or holiday shopping and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to Migration Resource Center. It’s that simple! It’s the same Amazon you already know. Same products, same prices, same service. The only difference is that you can smile, knowing that purchases you were going to make anyway can help immigrants and other low-income families achieve their goals and dreams. So, smile! And know they are smiling back.
Maximizing Your Donation
- Donate to MRC through PayPal Giving Fund. PayPal does the work of ensuring that the receiving charities have tax-exempt status with the IRS. They also cover any transaction fees and issue a tax receipt to you in email. Log into your PayPal account and click the “Donate Now” button. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can use this MRC-specific link. PayPal pays the fees and 100% of the money you donate goes to MRC.
- Employer matching donation programs can increase, or even double, the value of your donation. Some employers offer a program where they will match the amount of your donation, up to a certain amount. Check with your employer to see if they offer such a program and how to have your MRC donations matched. It’s an easy way for your donation to have maximum impact.
The Good, Old Fashioned Way
- You can always write a check, for any amount, and mail it to our office:
36 Richmond Terrace, Suite 307
Staten Island, NY 10301
We will issue you a receipt, either by email (if you provide it) or by return mail.
- Use the Donate page from our website to donate using your credit card of choice or PayPal account. You can make a one-time donation of any amount you choose. You can also choose to take it to the next level by setting up recurring, monthly donations. Smaller, monthly payments may help with budgeting (both yours and ours!) and may be less disruptive than one larger gift.